Minelord

Scrolls!

Alrighty, just curious- who all is in scrolls? You can find me by the handle DavidSlain (duh) and …
DavidSlainDavidSlain Lord
edited August 2013 in Others Posts: 416
Alrighty, just curious- who all is in scrolls? You can find me by the handle DavidSlain (duh) and I'm thinking on figuring out how to host ingame tourneys (possibly with a minelord shameless plugin... ?)
mcDesc

Comments

• Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    moomoohkmoomoohk Lord
    I really wanna get it at some point.
    o boi i luv segnatshures

[03:35am] Minelord: [g] Sir Mish: what are biggie smalls
    -
    [00:55:56] <Mish> she ain't hot
    [00:56:02] <Mish> just cleevage
    -
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    @moomoohk they're running a promo next week where if you buy the game you get two starter decks free. I'd get green and the other one you'll just get.
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    I have it but I haven't been playing much. I should get on that.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    @Daemon, what's your in game name?
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    FlavorFlavor Lord
    I made the mistake of starting with Energy. Haven't had much of a will to play when everything else shatters, bruises, devours and spits on that faction.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    @Flavor What's funny is that I started with order, went multi, but now run a mono energy control deck. My win rate with that thing is something in the mid 80's. The last tournament also had the two top finishers playing energy.

I'd reconsider- especially since they did a lot of game balancing.
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    FlavorFlavor Lord
    edited August 2013 Posts: 34
    It's not so much the whole faction that's crappy, despite what I made it sound, but the precon that's just impossible to win with. I need gold for cards and to get any respectable gold I need to win against Growth's wolf spam, Order's unit spam and now Decay's "fuck you, I have a metric shitload of undead units and poison and you can't do anything about it" spam.

Energy has... Well... uh... Cannon Automatons, I guess. Hey, Iron Golems are pretty hand- Oh, you have Godhand and Winperial Resources...

Energy's supposed to be control, right? Well, we can't do much with Thunder Surge, people will just play around it and, in the end, it's just 2 damage. That blast strike thing deals a whooping 1 damage and everything and their mother has enough HP to survive a Burn anyways. Clock Libraries? Well, just give Growth a scroll that gives you scroll advantage instantly by sacrificing a damn rat.

Solemn Giant is pretty nice. Shame it costs 2k to trade for or a stupid amount of luck, both of with new players will never have.

It's not that Energy is bad, per se, it's just that it's almost impossible to grind gold with it. It could use some sort of Energy generator structure or maybe allow you to pump Energy into Clock Libraries to reduce their cooldown or something.

Also, Puppet Soldier and Nutrition is deliciously overpowered. 3 Decay + 1 Growth to eliminate an entire row AND get the 3 decay back? Sign me up.

edit; Forgot to add my username. Painful. That's it.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    Haha. I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but it's not impossible to grind with energy, and the giants, while nice, aren't that useful.

Try this:

Charge coil
    Ether pump
    Overdrive
    Potion of resistance
    Machine priest

The only rares there are the potions, everything else is easy to get, and it slaughters everything except GO Joes rather consistently, and will definetly make the grind vs the computer easy if you want to go that route.

Btw, my full version of this deck is 16/18 so far against any deck that has decay at all.
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    FlavorFlavor Lord
    But that's the problem. You're relying on walls and beefy units to keep your idols safe while you sort your stuff so that you can gain control later on. It's significantly easier this week because of Decay, which Energy doesn't have all that much of a problem dealing with yet. Otherwise, your walls are gonna do absolutely jackshit against Pother/Transposition/Flip. Machine Priest could possibly help with that but the heal is gonna be completely meaningless with Pother around and the move in a random direction isn't all that reliable as well. Out of all of those, Potion is probably the only usable card higher up in the ladder and, even then, people hardly care to splash it because there aren't any other useful, cheap cards.

The Giant, Forge and Metal Wonder are probably the best card Energy has... And they're all rare and expensive as all hell. 8 damage on demand is rather nice, but, alas, Energy doesn't even have a way to self-generate resources, unlike all the other factions. I can see the way it's heading, hopefully we get the so wanted generator and more scrolls with the Energy pumping mechanic soon but, right now, the faction can't do much of anything against the others.

There's not a single day that goes by where I don't say "Damn, I really wish I had chosen Growth so that I could wolf-spam my way to victory like the rest of those blokes". My most successful decks so far have some sort of ghetto-splash with the scrolls I could afford. In the end, it just comes down to luck, I guess.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    You can always get the precons for the other factions, too. For $10, I think you can buy all the precons together.
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    @DavidSlain, DemonicDaemon