Minelord

Thomas Sabo was a bot, ee-i-ee-i-o.

[This person has posted six times to our forum, all of them spam for the same products. If possible…
MaderaMadera Player
edited June 2013 in Minecraft Server Posts: 1
[This person has posted six times to our forum, all of them spam for the same products. If possible I recommend banning this account. This is not the first incident with this person; previous attempts were merely deleted by myself.]
@Davidslain
Edited
by Glunnator

Comments

• Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    moomoohkmoomoohk Lord
    Never seen any of their posts... B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ban hammer
    o boi i luv segnatshures

[03:35am] Minelord: [g] Sir Mish: what are biggie smalls
    -
    [00:55:56] <Mish> she ain't hot
    [00:56:02] <Mish> just cleevage
    -
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DavidSlainDavidSlain Lord
    I don't think this is the minecraft username, just a forum account created for spam. Any way to ban an IP?
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Can't we just ignore him and delete his comments?
    I know, it is as annoying as fuck that random useless coments pop up, but hey deleting and ignoring aren't hard, and banning the IP might not stop the fucker, there are many ways to change your IP AFAIK. Lets just avoid feading this troll ok?
    Maybe he will donate :).
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    edited June 2013 Posts: 416
    That'd be nice, @Mishael1 , but he's posted multiple times, and I'm getting sick of deleting his spam. The principle of the thing is what's at stake here, in my opinion. This is not a place for scammers and spammers, this is a community of people who support each other. We frequently look at each other's work, play, and creations on this site, and posts like what this person is doing take advantage of that attitude, and if someone is either careless or ignorant (and clicks a link that they have in their post) may inadvertently sign themselves up for spam mail, or worse, get a virus.

People like this are destructive and annoying, as destructive and annoying as griefers, and possibly even more so, thanks the possibility of targeting a player's personal information and/or hardware.

@Windy
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    moomoohkmoomoohk Lord
    Can we just ban him jeez what's the big deal.
    o boi i luv segnatshures

-
    -
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    @Davidslain, I've told you this once before, you don't have to ask everyone's permission to these things. We trust your judgement. Bansplatter the forum account, and if you're really worried, send the account-holder a brief explanatory mail.

There is no higher authority on this. We are all the higher authority, as a community. Don't let bureaucracy slow down the hammer of justice =p
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    edited June 2013 Posts: 416
    @Glunnator @moomoohk I think perhaps I haven't articulated correctly- I don't know how to ban a forum account. On top of that, I was wondering if it was a possibility to block the IP, to avoid further instances of spam from this address.
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    moomoohkmoomoohk Lord
    I know you don't (since I don't lol). That was a nudge at @Windy or @Thijn .
    o boi i luv segnatshures

-
    -
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    edited June 2013 Posts: 461
    I've given the dashboard a look-see and found an option to reset his password. I've given that an experimental go, as it will send an email about it. If there's a person behind that account, they might return, though I doubt it, and bots having hacked it might hopefully be cut off for now.
    If he returns in spam-bot form and you still can't find out where to give him the ban-boot, give me a whistle and I'll go all gangsta on 'im.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    P.S., It's not necessary to delete individual spam-posts. It is common practice to delete bots' accounts along with all their posts in one click of a button.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WhalemanWhaleman God
    edited June 2013 Posts: 4
    I could just stomp on him for you weak puny creatures.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    ThijnThijn Lord
    edited June 2013 Posts: 195
    lol moomoo, nice one :P

He's banned anyways.
    Note to others: To ban someone, go to the dashboard, go to Users and search the user. Then plonk edit and tick the Banned checkbox (It's around the third thing you see from the top).
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WhalemanWhaleman God
    Who or what the hell is "moomoo"?
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    Same IP, moo. Nice try. :-\"
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WhalemanWhaleman God
    *Stomps on @DavidSlain and @Thijn *
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    @DavidSlain , @Thijn , are you alright? Are your backs broken? X_X
    Please @Whaleman, ho mighty god, please spare their lives! ^:)^ [-O<
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    Dammit @Thijn, why did you disregard my experiment? :C
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Time wasted on spam bots intentional or unintentional, is really unnecessary imo.

If the user isn't a spam bot (highly unlikely), they can contact the webmaster using a link at the bottom of this forum.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    You wouldn't grant me even this harmless whim?
    You make me sad.