Minelord

Obligatory Food Photos

Alright Gents, here's the deal. It's no surprise that I like to toot my own horn- but I think it's…
DavidSlainDavidSlain Lord
edited March 2013 in Other Discussions Posts: 416
Alright Gents, here's the deal. It's no surprise that I like to toot my own horn- but I think it's only fair to let everyone else have a chance too.

That being said, post photos of stuff you've made and enjoyed, along with how you did it if you want. :)
Edited
by DavidSlain
mcDesc

Comments

• Vote Up1
    Voters
    Windy
    Vote Down
    Ok, so to start it off, I made this tonight.

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg634/davidslain/565e5b23-d5bf-47a7-a8b2-320e5f1759a5.jpg?t=1364100775

A beautiful 12 ounce New York Fire seared and finished on the grill in a cast iron skillet, seasoned with worschester sauce, seasoned salt and indian telicherry pepper. It was cooked with onion and Jack Daniel's whiskey. The accompanying asparagus were seasoned with seasoned salt, black pepper, lavender blossom, garlic, and a little olive oil to make em stick. The bread was fresh from a local market and simply grilled. There's au jus in the glass dish from the steak.
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    ThijnThijn Lord
    That looks delicious ;o
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    's the idea, @Thijn. Let's see some of yours. :)
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    I forgot to make a photo of the self-made Pizza today. ^^
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    KoozmaKoozma Lady
    Alright, Sir!

May not be plated as nice as it could be, but here we have a bowl of fresh Lemon Pepper Chicken over steamed rice with spicy pan seared greenbeans.

I started the rice a while ago. I then tossed into a hot pan with olive oil greenbeans and onion. I showered them with red pepper flakes, cayan pepper, garlic powder and some salt. Once they got about half way cooked, I pushed the lovely green mess to the side of the pan, added a little more oil and tossed in chicken seasoned with fresh cracked pepper and some season salt. Once it got a some nice browning action, I then covered the chicken with a whole fresh lime (yes I know lemon pepper, but we were out of lemons, and it's just about the same in the end) let that finish cooking through after a lovely stir and making sure my still cooking green beans weren't blackening to much, served up some hot rice, put every thing on top including all the nice thick sauce and vuala!

Excluding the rice, total time, including photos 15 mins.
    Now excuse me, I'm going to eat!
    Give me the cookies, alllllloftheeeemmmmm.... image
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    Looks amazing! That prep time is nothing for something that delicious. :)
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    @Psi- pics or it didn't happen, dude. It's an internet rule, you should know that.
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Oh no I shoulda taken photos when I was cooking...
    I had some amazing crispy lemon chicken on rice, as well as lasagne!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    ThijnThijn Lord
    Like our friend DavidSlain said, pics or it didin't happen @Windlord! :D
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Some day when I cook again, @Thijn!

For now, I'm home and won't be cooking for like a month,
    then I'll be back and taking exams so won't be cooking again...
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 414
    Take potatoes labeled as potatoes for fries. Cut them as even and thin as you can. Throw on a Gestalt with salt pepper olive-oil and paprika(Both hot and medium). Put in a 220 dg Oven spread so that as much air as possible touches the slices.Turn the slices in middle. Take out and eat it like a boss (with a brother if you have one on site).
    Edited
    by Mish
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    Delicious man! What's this thing called, other than fries?
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Michips
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    LOL ok
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up1
    Voters
    Windy
    Vote Down
    KoozmaKoozma Lady
    See it and weep
    I told you guys I would do it, and I did it!
    This here is my three tier cookie dough cake! In a glass cause you can have cake in a glass!

I borrowed this eggless cookie dough recipe, added in a little extra water and some oil to make it a little creamier. I also went and chopped up some butterscotch chips, put some in the bottom of the glass, added a mashed layer of the cookie dough down, did a layer of ice cream (cookies n cream) another layer of dough, more icecream and the last of the butterscotch chips and sealed it with a 3rd layer of dough.

And let me say, it was all worth it! >3
    Give me the cookies, alllllloftheeeemmmmm.... image
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    Oh. My. God.

I iz can haz bite plz?
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    I will come to the dark side if necessary.... ;;)
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    ThijnThijn Lord
    http://i.imgur.com/U7eiyWR.jpg

Now dare to talk about my r becoming R. My r's are big, and a big r needs R!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    mcDesc