Minelord

LPs of Things, etc.

So I think I might be ready to dabble a little more in the arts of performing Let's Plays. Howev…
GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
edited November 2012 in Other Discussions Posts: 461
So I think I might be ready to dabble a little more in the arts of performing Let's Plays.

However;

I am in need of things to LP.
Now I know that you lot most likely know of plenty of games that could do with a mite extra publicity, and I'm pretty sure you can see where I'm going with this...
Suggestions!
This little amateur podcaster wants some material to work with, and methinks It'll be a mutual publicity boost for both myself and for whatever I'm LP'ing. Steelraven7's Dawn was the first to get this treatment, albeit in a let's-see-how-this-goes spontanteous decision type of attitude, and I'm quite certain I'll improve with each video. Thus, I hope to eventually become entertaining enough to actually to warrant having asked for your help in the first place.
So uh.
Yeah.

If there's anything you think I should or could make an LP or other type of video with, please do suggest it right here in thishere thread!

Comments

• Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
    Well, you picked up the Thief collection..

..isn't that quite perfect?
    Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    Play Thief 3 :D
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    I was hoping for some smaller, less bulky games to LP so's I can get comfortable in the routine and develop my abilities a bit before I move on to the bigger projects =p
    Thief collection would be a good idea for such a later thing, that's true, even though it's a bit old.
    If I'd be doing older games I think I'd also consider playing Rune Classic, better known to myself as simply 'Rune'.
    But if possible I'd like to stick to a few more modern games to begin with, of the short kind, so my warmups actually have some worth :3
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    You could try Receiver, I'd be interested!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DavidSlainDavidSlain Lord
    Single or Multiplayer?
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    edited December 2012 Posts: 461
    Singleplayer would be easier, since there's less variables, but honestly that doesn't matter all too much

Receiver might actually be a good idea!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Halo
    no need to add a single word
    :-$
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    I think Halo's a bit big...
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    Halo 1 is actually not too bad and would be okay, if a little bit long, for a short series of LP.
    Unfortunately Halo's not going to be as entertaining as an LP for two reasons:
    1) Halo is old and 'popular' enough that near everyone already known what it is and how it goes, so nothing I say will be surprising in the least.
    2) I've already played it and have seen so many parodies that nothing will come as a surprise anymore to myself, resulting in rather dull commentary.

Also I'm not too fond of shooters, but that reason doesn't really count considering I've quite enjoyed some TF2 and Planetside 2 and even CS:GO recently =p
    (None of those qualify for LPs either though)
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    To 1: I like watching things I played to death, for nostalgic reasons.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
    You could also make an LP about the new Magicka DLC's. It would be multiplayer but there's enough to talk about because of the randomness.
    Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    An LP of Magicka's new DLC... that's a good plan. But ideally I'd do it together with a couple of peeps, so it's suitable, but not quite as a first one.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    You could LP some tekkit- I think a lot of the community would benifit from that knowledge.
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    moomoohkmoomoohk Lord
    Daemon and I can be your resident gurus.
    o boi i luv segnatshures

[03:35am] Minelord: [g] Sir Mish: what are biggie smalls
    -
    [00:55:56] <Mish> she ain't hot
    [00:56:02] <Mish> just cleevage
    -
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    Grand idea! That might work very nicely
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    Would Tekkit be a single commentary and the rest on MC chat if needed or multi-commentary?
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    edited December 2012 Posts: 416
    Just wait for the new map to get up and running- It'll generate a bit of interest that way.

Edit: It occurs to me that you might also want to try your hand at shoutcasting.
    Edited
    by DavidSlain
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    Tekkit would work as a multi-commentary in the way that I could go explore it and ask the gurus how things work. How's that? =D
    Aye, Dave, waiting for the new map, that's a grand plan.
    And what on earth is shoutcasting?
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    Oh- shoutcasting is where you are an announcer for a multiplayer game like Starcraft, DOTA or League of Legends. Kind of like the guys on ESPN.

Basically, all it requires is that you have a spectator mode in the game. I've practiced a little on some recorded League of Legends games myself- I don't know if it's my thing, though I really would like to get more into it.

There's a lot of people on Twitch that do the shoutcasting that suck, but the few that are good actually make decent money doing it.

The first requirement for a shoutcaster is a good microphone. The second is likeability, the third is talent and the fourth is knowledge of the game.
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    edited December 2012 Posts: 461
    Welp, I've got the first down, at least. (THANKS TO ALL YOU GUYS <33333333) That's a good start, ain't it?
    Does seem worth looking into.