Minelord

How about...

How about we do a group megabuild? I was thinking maybe a temple or something? something not exactl…
OrpheusOrpheus Lord
edited April 2012 in Reports and Suggestions Posts: 24
How about we do a group megabuild? I was thinking maybe a temple or something? something not exactly repetitive, but not completely non-symmetrical, would be a great lot of fun, as well as a reason for people to come to the server :D to see our wonderful creation!

We'd need to decide what to make, nothing too specific, because then we wouldn't be able to be creative. 

So far my ideas are as follows 
1) A water temple (theres a nice big ocean we haven't touched yet in freebuild)
2) The whole of Vice City, I know  a lot of us came from VC:MP so would be a fun thing to do (though it might require a new world D: )
3) A Ying-Yang temple  half lava, half water sort of thing.
4) A Skyscraper. We can even stick minelord.com on the side!
5) A Large Statue of some kind, or better yet, a few statues, of the founding members of minelord.com or all those who participate!
6) A UFO! Everyone has their own ideas about what a UFO looks like, why not make our own minelord UFO
7) Seems crazy, but a Giant packet of Tic-Tacs! just for lols! 
8) A large Minelord Robot!
9) A water Fortress, or any fortress really, a mountain one would be pretty cool
10) Atlantis, the underwater city, everyone know about it, why not build it :)
11) A MASSIVE table party ( Alice in Wonderland style )
12) A cool looking PC with minelord.com screensaver!
13) A tapestry telling an awesome story

Any more ideas, feel free to add them. 
Edited
by Windy

Comments

• Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    KnucisKnucis Lord
    We could do Vice City! It would be alot fun, we could use the new world option (superflat).

Well my original idea for freebuild was creating various villages/cities based of diferent elements. And each city would have it's mayor, the mayors beeing the founding members. Here's some ideas of mine:

• Windlord - Wind City - A city built in the mountains/hills full of floating islands. City's main block would be smoothstone, cobblestone and wool. It would also be the home of the WindCastle (??).
    • Orpheus -  Water City - A city built sorrounded by water (maybe even in the water). City's main blocks would be glass and iron. It would also be the home of the giant underwater HighTech Industries (??).
    • Thijn - Ice City - A city built in a snow biome. City's main block would be Dark Logs, Regular Logs and Wood. The home of the Icy Cavern.
    • Knucis - Volcano City - A city built in a volcano full of lava and stone. City's main block would be cobblestone and stone, but also some netherrack. The home of the Fire Temple.
    • Hanney - Leaf City - A city build in a giant tree. City's main block would be obviously Logs, Wood and Lightstone. We could also build the tree of life here.
    • More? D:
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    OrpheusOrpheus Lord
    Oh Em Gee. Knucis we hit the diamond with you! brilliant idea! would be incredible! we can help each other, then we can do a video of the server for promo purposes! 

And here's the kicker! we could link them all up with hidden passages (overground/underground, and Wind City could be the central point (cos everyone knows wind LOVES to be centre of attention >:D )
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    KnucisKnucis Lord
    Some more city ideas, in case someone doesn't like their own :P

• Sand City - Blocks would be sandstone and wood.
    • Underground City - Blocks would be mainly smoothstone, stonebricks and cobblestone.
    • Fungus City - City build of mushrooms in a mushroom biome. (mushroom biomes are NOT easy to find).
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    lol Orph, 'nothing too specific'? hehehe

Well I like all of the ideas so far.
    Knucis' idea is good since it is quite simple yet specific.
    Also, it'll let us hop around onto the different projects when we get bored of our own!
    Brilliant!

Probably, the best way to go about doing all of this would be to start building somewhere.
    I'll try to start up Wind City some time soon, preferably on a set of hills.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    and OI, what's with me and attention, are you implying... SOMETHING!?  :P
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    OrpheusOrpheus Lord
    :p when we go "giant statue of windlord" you go "NO NO NO! I no likes the attention!" >:D

Are we going to build in the current freebuild world? or a new one? 
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Hmmm... biomes did change a teeny bit... with 1.1
    I'm not sure.

I think the changes don't require a new world, but it would be nice to start fresh.
    Looking for a seed with conditions for each city would be helpful too.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    KnucisKnucis Lord
    edited January 2012 Posts: 207
    Biomes generation didn't change Windlord. They just added smoother colour transitions.
    I don't think we need a new world.

Maybe we could add another freebuild world though. Flatbuild.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    OrpheusOrpheus Lord
    for the purposes of vice city, a flatbuild is nice, as for the cities plan, lets build like we began today :L in the curent world
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    KevinKevin Player
    I'm actually working on a lighthouse, @HanneyVille hope you guys love it
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    HumanPizzaHumanPizza Player
    nice!