Minelord

Bukkit Plugins

Hello everybody [i]*waves*[/i], I will write down some ideas for Bukkit plugins I have in here. …
PsiPsi Lord
edited October 2013 in Minecraft Server Posts: 158
Hello everybody *waves*,

I will write down some ideas for Bukkit plugins I have in here.
Let's start with

SignVal
SignVal is a plugin that let's you configure material cost for sepcific text on a sign, also included wildcards.
E.g.: You place a sign with the text [MC*] (where * is the wildcard and can stand for any text) on the second line; The plugin will then check if you have maybe 20 redstone dust in your inventory. If it finds it it will remove it and place the craftbook sign, otherwise it will destroy the sign and you will have it back in your inventory.

CustomWorkspaces
Now this plugin is rather expansive since it does more than one thing.
Basically the plugin will allow for custom workbenches with custom recipies; e.g. a forge would be needed to effectivly melt ores and create forges items.
It will also allow to configure a setup of blocks nearby that are needed for the custom workbench to function; e.g. the forge would need maybe a furnace and an anvil nearby. The plugin will check for those conditions to be met after the sign with the name of the workspace has been placed above the workbench.
But wait! There is more; The plugin will also change if possible the way you get ressouces, so for example you can't craft sticks anymore, but you are able to get it by breaking leaves. Also if possible it would be nice if it was harder to get ingots, so that you might need more than one iron ore to get one ingot.

The point of this plugin is to get some kind of progression in the game and to make it harder.

In the same plugin or in some addon to it could be the possibility to create professions for players, so that a smith would be required to create and use the forge. Or at least he would create better tools than a person unexperienced in this profession.

This plugin would probably work really well with towny and the SignVal plugin can be used to add some further costs to create the workspaces.

Magic
Well, who doesn't like magic?
The idea I had for this plugin was to use the experience points the user gets during the game as mana. There could be different spells, such as teleportation spell, fireballs, summoning of undead creatures and some other things that Minecraft let's you do with Bukkit.
Using the experience points would make, since in a sense enchanting is magic too and it uses the EXP too.

Please let me know what you think and maybe tell me what other plugins would be great?
Edited
by Psi

Comments

• Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    moomoohkmoomoohk Lord
    You actually finished SignVal? I thought you scrapped it
    o boi i luv segnatshures

[03:35am] Minelord: [g] Sir Mish: what are biggie smalls
    -
    [00:55:56] <Mish> she ain't hot
    [00:56:02] <Mish> just cleevage
    -
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    I did not, going to restart making it first. I lost all my data though, so I have to restart, which might be for the best.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    moomoohkmoomoohk Lord
    I should still have the code I wrote you if you want it.
    o boi i luv segnatshures

[03:35am] Minelord: [g] Sir Mish: what are biggie smalls
    -
    [00:55:56] <Mish> she ain't hot
    [00:56:02] <Mish> just cleevage
    -
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Can you explain how the SignVal plugin is meant to work? I don't really understand.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    Of course, I'd love to.

So the idea is that upon placing a sign the plugin will read what is written on it. The Addon in itself is useless and it only will start to shine when there are other plugins that use signs, such as Deadbolt for locking doors and chests and CraftBook that adds powerful ICs via signs.
    So that you don't get that stuff for basically free you've got to have a certain amount of stuff in your inventory, which can be set specifically in the config file. For example you could require one iron ingot and 4 redstone for a [PRIVATE] sign from Deadbolt or perhaps 16 redstonedust for an IC which has [MC*] in the second line (Where the * is a wildcard, so it could be any IC). If you don't have those ressources you will get an errormessage from the server, telling you what ressources you need and the sign will be broken, so that you can pick it up again.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Hmm, while it sounds useful in some cases, it sounds quite complicated for the user...?
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    Not really, they just have to have the stuff in their inventory, if they don't they will receive a message what they need.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Hmm but this would be for survival mode... where we're not really meant to be using craftbook?

It is enabled for knights and above only too. Would we make it available to everyone with SignVal?
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Can you please further explain the magic plugin? It sounds interesting and I would like to know more detail.
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    @Windy, perhaps we could allow some craftbook ICs in survival? Anyway, the nice thing about SignVal is that it is universal, so that we're not limited to craftbook or whatever (as I mentioned it might even work well with the CustomWorkspaces.

@Mish, Sure I can;

So the first step would obviously be to implement some spells for that I already got quite a few ideas (Obviously stuff like fireballs, lightningstrikes and teleportation, but maybe even something in a direction of time manipulation (reversing/stopping time in a sphere for everyone but yourself), if it is possible).
    The next step is to make a system to aquire said spells. I want to categorize them, so people are specializing in one kind of magic instead of getting all the magic. Also it should be rather hard to get new spells and get better in general. Maybe there could be rare drops of monsers to get new knowledge in magic and a research system in general? That way there might evolve magic-academies that make it easier for others to get into magic.
    As I mentioned before I want to use the EXP you gain in MC for the magic, so that will slow down the progress somewhat. To get more experience I could create a custom recipie with maybe lapis lazuli to make mana crystals that can be used to gain experience when used or something along those lines.
    I havn't thought everything through yet for this mod, just got a bunch of ideas that need to be merged :D.

Anyway, on to some more ideas, shall we?

Times
    Just a simple plugin that will change how long a day in minecraft is, you simply can configure a scale if it should be faster or slower, what time to start at and maybe to not change the time at all.

Deathmatch
    A plugin that will allow to set an area as deathmatch area, maybe with custom weapons, blocks that fling you into the air to get on other platforms, including a scoreboard and all those nice things. It could make use of the magic plugin as weapons maybe?
    Just a quick idea, far from thought-through.

Animated Scences
    Now that plugin will be hard to code and probably cause lag, but I like the idea anyway; It's used to define areas as scences. You will start with frame one and build how you want it to look like. Then you can set the time how long this frame will be shown and then move to the next frame, which can look differently as the previous frame. With that you could create animated gates that open and close, or maybe create looped animations for, let's say a windmill Or even actual waves at the beach.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    edited November 2013 Posts: 414
    I got an idea for you!
    Just this very small thing: The Leather Ball!
    Basically it is just a craftable leather ball (centerless star of leather), and when you right click with it in your hand it, well, throw it, and spawns the ball entity which is a brown cube with changing texture. when you hit it with an empty hand it bounces away, left click to catch it. It should also be able to activate wooden buttons and plates. It is also kicked when you crouch and walk towards it.
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    I won't be able to do that, what I can do though is make a plugin that has a custom throwable item so you can play some kind of catching game. I can even make it so, that if a player hasn't been hit the "ball" will drop as item on the ground, but no way to retrieve the item from another player then. What might be possible is that the player isn't able to move while having the item in his inventory.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Well, that isn't possible to do it in bukkit then :P