Minelord

Forum overcrouding

The forum gets full of topics, many of them are not relevant and pretty much useless. Suggested re…
MishMish Lord
edited July 2013 in Reports and Suggestions Posts: 414
The forum gets full of topics, many of them are not relevant and pretty much useless.
Suggested response:
A) Mark closed topics as closed topics.
B) Delete/send to an archive topics that are not needed on the main forum list.

Together we can get the forum much more organized and useful with very little effort guys!!
~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~

Comments

• Vote Up1
    Voters
    Windy
    Vote Down
    DavidSlainDavidSlain Lord
    Mish, old topics naturally sink, and important topics either get pinned, or rise to the top from activity- such is the way of the forums. If you feel something is important, bump the topic.
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    I am aware of the way topics go around in the forum. The problem is that yet you get topics that have absolutely no importance (about old version swaps for instance) mixed with topics that are import(such as the one @mesmeratio bumped).

I am not saying we have to throw all irrelevant topics/send them to some archive, but I thing we should decrease their amount so that both new and old member can have a better use of it.
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    What, you want us to delete stuff? Don't worry so much, Mish, if anything is important enough it's bound to get bumped at some point.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Marking as closed sounds like a good thing to do to keep order, but I doubt many things can be marked as closed at all.

It's not a bad habit to have though.