Minelord

Minelords and Microphones

Dungeoneers & Daredevils! The past two sessions two things became rather poignant. 1. The…
MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
edited August 2013 in Minelord & Monsters Posts: 203
Dungeoneers & Daredevils!

The past two sessions two things became rather poignant.

1. The game goes way too slow, after months we're still in town, at the second day.
2. The game is way too chaotic, making it hard to focus and respond to everything appropriately.

I've tried implementing multiple solutions to these problems. From the \ / rule to one-at-a-time speaking to cutting back on the details to using meta-fairies. All to no avail (no to mention, cutting back on the details makes the game rather pointless). This annoys me immensely, and as an annoyed DM, ice titans are usually not too far away. A real solution however, would be to use teamspeak instead of chat. This forces us to speak one at a time while everything goes 10 times faster, allowing us to describe everything in details without having to skip dinner doing so.

But what about the documentation! Well my dear PC's, editing the raw chat text for one measly session is a ton of work anyway, so it wouldn't be too hard to use that time to write a medium-length log for the session instead. This way we can have more fun while minimizing the documentation-loss (not to mention the actual documentation is way more fun this way).

tl;dr

We will be using microphones from now on. If disagree: ice titans.
Edited
by Glunnator
Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.

Comments

• Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    edited July 2013 Posts: 414
    Bought one two days ago! :D microsoft.
    Edited
    by Mish
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    So, will it be recorded for the documentation?
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    FlavorFlavor Lord
    I'll keep typing, if that's alright. I'll be in TS, though, but for me it's easier to type something rather than repeating it ten times over due to my weird accent.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    I got a weird accent too, and I don't let it bather me! :)
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    We need your wits, Flavor!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    In vocal form.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    When is our next meeting going to be?
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
    I am wondering about this too. Somewhere in the following days?
    Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Just a wonder of mine: How about today?
    As @Daemon won't be around for a while anyway. (On vacation AFAIK)