Minelord

Towns, Factions and Citizens

Alright, seeing as progress is quickly being made for the world design of Pristine, and talk about …
KoozmaKoozma Lady
edited June 2013 in Pristine Posts: 77
Alright, seeing as progress is quickly being made for the world design of Pristine, and talk about the towns and factions is getting more and more, it's hi time to have a dedicated area for this topic!

The point of this list is, if there is a town idea/setting one player wants to do and others are interested in doing too, then those players can talk and set up teams/workforces to build the place and establish the town together. Other wise we may have like 15+ players, each making a town with a population of: 1 :P
[Falorin] - I (Koozma) plan on making a town/city in one of the Jungle Biomes, either the first one discovered or one that is a moderate size (what that means I don't know yet.) It's going to be mostly high dwelling huts and structures along suspended bridges that work around the jungle wood trees. We may end up using a lot of iron shears, so we can take vine and leaf blocks to clear paths, but place them up again in better places (much like moving branches to work around our ideas and not cutting them off all together. We likely will establish a spruce/other tree-farm some where where there is space, to harvest wood. I'm deciding spruce cause it is darker and would blend in more with the trees. This farm can also be the source for primary trade; producing wood, charcoal and maybe apples once the need for spruce diminishes.
DEDICATED PLAYERS:
* @Koozma
@Knucis
[Nevarshím]* - I (Daemon) plan on making a plains town that focuses on horse breeding and taming. We could also farm other animals or crops (especially seeing as horses won't be implemented at first). The plan is to find plains with a few hills so we have flat land for farms and corrals and hills for building on. The town's income will come from selling horses and farm produce to other towns (and perhaps by selling maps filled out by mounted explorers if we don't have a dynmap).
Update: The people of Nevarshím are traditionalists. We will stick by the whaleman and the green land. Our town will act as a haven for the green land where it will be safe from the disease. One idea for the town's design was to have the town surrounded by a large wooden pallisade with a wide street running through the centre so horsemen can get through quickly. Smaller pallisades could encompass later expansions giving the town a tiered look (though I don't think these should go right the way round the town). Farms and some corrals would be outside the pallisades while the best horses would be inside, safer from raids.
*Translation: Land Haven - Pronunciation: Nev(as in never)-are-sheam(rhymes with gleam)
DEDICATED PLAYERS:
* @Daemon
@Windy
[Oceania] - David Slain
The people of the Widdershins Isles are fierce, immoral beasts that more closely remember rabid animals than men, at least to many of the mainlanders that encounter them. With scarce natural resources and little land to farm, they are a combative society that relies on the trade of valuables with or the raiding of coastal towns for the materials needed to eke out a meager, difficult existence among the islands. Recent drought and a steadily growing population have forced this aggressive people into desperation, causing them to move ever further inland, threating far more peoples than the handful of tenacious costal dwellers still living within sight of the ocean.
This culture is permeated with the Whalemen- carvings abound everywhere, and most of their folkore revolves around the Whaleman in one way or another. It is said that Hroogar, the first of the Widdershinites, received a glorious blessing by Hroo-Man, lord of all Whalemen, and that blessing made him stronger, faster, and meaner than all others around him. Some say Hroogar could even breathe underwater, others swear that he could leap into enormous chasms and come away unscathed. All agree on one thing- the man was more than human after his encounter- the details of which have been lost to time. Hroogar was said to have found the legendary fortress of Orcinus by exploring the untrackable oceans beyond the horizon, using nothing but clouds (of all things) as a guide, until he found the vile, broken stronghold of the Whaleman usurper.
Following the example of Hroogar, his people have always been solitary fighters and sailors of unmatched skill. Raiding parties rarely consisted of more than three people, and even they were often uncoordinated in their attacks, caring little for military strategy and favoring brutality and force over all. The strength of the individual is so important to the Widdershinites that they all pilot their own small, apparently fragile craft across the ocean, instead of sailing together on larger, more seaworthy vessels.
Children among the Widdershinites are never allowed off the island they were born on until they can sail on their own, which most can by the age of eight. The bravest and most foolhardy among the children either die quickly, or through their own experiences, achieve honor and status among their peers by bringing back prizes from the [weak] mainlanders as young at twelve years old.
The leader of this barbarous people is never seen without their ceremonial helmet, greaves and sword. Wearing them is said to give you the powers that Hroo-Man blessed Hroogar with, but no one has been able to confirm such ridiculous claims.
DEDICATED PLAYERS:
* @DavidSlain
@Glunnator
[Fort Har'fnarf der stag] - GrindyGears wants to do a dwarven underground/in-mountain city. "We are a people of the ground, outcasts, shut ins, not beliving in the whaleman, but a greater being! the world is a single living thing the ores its veins, lava its blood though in our infinite quest for resources we lost sight of the beliefs and now are only out for the resources."
DEDICATED PLAYERS:
* @GrindyGears
[Pintria] - Mishael1 wants to be on the chaos side of things by building a anti-Whaleman evil town that is set in a Mushroom Biome and defies all the basic codes of conduct for building in harmony with the landscape.
DEDICATED PLAYERS:
* @Mishael1
@moomoohk
@odil6

* indicates founder(s)
Descriptions for town ideas do not need to be as involved as what had been put, can be as simple as "Mining town in side a mountain, will be doing lots of stone digging to make large caves to build structures." And this idea is free to take if anyone wants (As it seems Grindy has done).
I, or anyone with the power, can edit this post to continue the list of town ideas and who wants to be a 'citizen.'
Edited
by moomoohk
Give me the cookies, alllllloftheeeemmmmm.... image

Comments

• Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    KnucisKnucis Lord
    edited May 2013 Posts: 207
    I am undecided whether to chose @Koozma's jungle town or @DavidSlain's oceanic town!

Also: A desert city would be really nice too >:3
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    This topic is very nicely formated. Thanks @Koozma!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    edited May 2013 Posts: 34
    Haven't yet decided on a name, but as far as a descrip is we are a people of the ground, outcasts, shut ins, not beliving in the whaleman, but a greater being! the world is a single living thing the ores its veins, lava its blood though in our infinite quest for resources we lost sight of the beliefs and now are only out for the resources

Edit: forgive me if this made 0 sense i had just gotten off a 16 hour shift prior to writing this and i was a little tired to say the least
    Edited
    by grindygears
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    edited May 2013 Posts: 414
    @grindygears, thats sounds very similar to the mushroom town's idea. Would you like to join it?
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    @mishael1 while the whole no whaleman thing is shared, we are not an evil people, nor a good people we are just here.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    ThijnThijn Lord
    I really like the jungle town. Once a bit more information about the rest is added I will give my final choice :D
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    @grindygears I don't think a giant god-like whaleman makes that much sense anyways. :P
    Lacks ninja skills
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    KnucisKnucis Lord
    You can add me up to Koozma's Jungle town (finally made up my mind)! I'd like to be part of it ;)
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DavidSlainDavidSlain Lord
    Updated the oceanic people.
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    Freshly initiated young Widdershinite reporting in. My inexperienced blades thirst for battle!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    edited June 2013 Posts: 414
    The name of the town is Mushroomzi-Nunu
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Hahah Widdershinite, that's quite a mouthful!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    I think this was a little issue with me when trying out Pristine. I couldn't get out of the map! I am *kinda* proud to say I was the first to die inside Pristine :P .
    Lacks ninja skills
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DavidSlainDavidSlain Lord
    @Windy :D Yeah, Glun got the reference straight away. :)
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Please change the name to "Pintria". the previous one was a joke.