Minelord

Minelords & Monsters RP THREAD

The year is 412 after the departure of the Great Eagle. You find yourself in 'the Silly Schew' i…

Comments

• Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    "Close enough. Do you know where he comes from?"
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 203
    The old druid looks at Talon suspiciously for this sudden interest. "I will not ask you why it is you entered our village for the first time just to ask about this man. I will just tell you this: he is the son of the witch. She is as dangerous as she is mad, and her son inherited these traits. Whatever your dealings with this witch or her witchkid, do not provoke them. Especially not the woman."
    Edited
    by Mesmeratio
    Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    "S-sure my lord, right away my lord" Fabrice says, and he runs out of the inn. The patron looks at Nachr and speaks "If I may be so bold, what is a centaur doing in a human dwelling? You must know the temple does not love a lot of things besides humans, and they do not love you either." The patron hastily adds "You will however find no trouble here, I will make sure of that" and straightens his back, as if to make himself bigger.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    "I'm not your lord, young Fabrice!"
    Nachr shouts as Fabrice doubles up and leaves. The centaur shakes his head while tearing into his roast. It seems to be that he is ignoring the patron's questions.

At the mention of "do not love you either", Nachr stops munching for a short while, and his tail stops swishing.

As the patron straightens up, Nachr empties his mug of ale and looks up at the hairy man in front of him.
    "Could I get some of the bread you kindly offered? I'm much too famished for serious talk, and there's gravy to be mopped up."
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    "...right, good sir, straight away." the patron says. He seems a bit disappointed, as he was genuinely interested in the centaur's answers. He walks into the kitchen and comes back with a loaf of bread wrapped in a cloth, and offers it to Nachr.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    "No, li'l one I won't talk about it. Actually, I got to leave. Thank ya for the ale. Goodbye!" answered Torlin and then stood up and left the tavern.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 414
    Bestaba looked at the dwarf as he went away, and mumbles "that is such a pity" into his meal in a way no one can here (not even his meal :P). Then he looks right back up again at what he saw as the dwarf left (A Centaur!). He listens and look at the scene. Willing to be able to make it to the creature before he is long gone he digs into his meal a bit faster.(A Cenataur!)
    Edited
    by Mish
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 1,110
    Nachr is pleasantly surprised by the patron's generosity. The loaf is a large one indeed, and the crust is crisp, having been baked not a long while ago.

Nachr notices a certain pattern on the cloth wrapping the loaf and as he lays it flat he notices there are fine lines as well as words littered across the surface.

The centaur looks up as he dips some of the bread into his gravy. After a thoughtful mouthful of gravy-drenched bread, Nachr speaks to the patron:
    "I came here... as I heard I may be of some use. Sadly, that's the best answer I can give."
    "Much like how this is the best bread you could give me!"
    Nachr adds enthusiastically, taking another large mouthful of gravy-drenched bread.

He pushes the cloth towards the patron.
    "I don't know why I may have been lured to this town, but it is oft said Brookton holds many secrets. For instance, this cloth seems to have had a different purpose"
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Bestaba finished his whole meal and stands up. He walk to the patron and thanks him for the good meal, putting the payment on the table. "I have some things I would like checking. Could you fill my tub so I can shower when I come back please?" He then looks up at the Centaur, and is about to speak, but he pauses for a second.
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Nachr notices the gnome as he walks up to the bar. He calls to the gnome saying,
    "Hey there, you look like a scholar type. Yes, you, Professor Gnome. Does this cloth here look interesting to you?"
    With a short pause, Nachr offers his hand.
    "Nachr's my name. What's yours, young scholar?"
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    "Then what is your plan to stop the undead that are amassing just beyond the forest?" Talon asks, getting annoyed now.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Bestaba shakes the offered hand and says "And my name is Bestaba from the great Academy". He goes up a chair and looks at the cloth. "hmmm...."
    Edited
    by Mish
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    edited March 2013 Posts: 203
    "Right, sir" the patron walks over to the table to pick up payment, he then calls another servant, and sends him upstairs. He looks at the two studying the cloth in which the bread was wrapped and shakes his head. "Magic folk" he mumbles..

-

"The undead armada? There's no such thing. Sure -they've been more restless than otherwise, these undead to the south. But invasion of our forest is not something to be afraid of, we can handle ourselves, we always have handled ourselves. And the undead would rather attack Brookton than our circle of druids." The old druid smiles a reassuring smile.

[When I edit something, it is to convert spoken sentences to italic, just for the look]
    Edited
    by Mesmeratio
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Bestaba straighten the cloth, looks up, then look down right back to make sure, and then he says "It appears to be the name of this inn, 'the Silly Schew'. But I do want to talk to you privately nobble centaur. Could you join me as I make sure my pony is taken care of?"
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 1,110
    Nachr looks at the piece of bread he's holding, then speaks as if he's speaking to himself.
    "The crust of this bread seems to hide a map of the Mistpine, don't you think?"
    With a sheepish smile, he says to Bestaba as he picks his plate of roast up.
    "Lead on, let's chat while you tend to your pony."
    "Oh, kind sir!"
    Nachr shouts as he sharply turns around to face the patron.
    "Please let me know when Fabrice gets back!"
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    "Right, sir, certainly sir." and he goes back to attending to the other customers.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Bestaba goes down the chair and heads to the door. He walks out and waits for Nachr to follow.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Nachr trots out of the Inn, still holding onto his plate of gravy with the rest of his loaf of bread sunk into.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    "I am sorry for overhearing some of your conversation, friendo. Could you tell what is it that brings you to the big city?" Bestaba says as he heads to the stable.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    "If you've been listening in, you'd have heard my answer. I came as I heard I may be needed. What brings you here Bestaba? Brookton has most likely not seen so many strange folk in decades... I think your answer may be my answer too."
    Nachr answers without turning his head.