Minelord

Minelords & Monsters RP THREAD

The year is 412 after the departure of the Great Eagle. You find yourself in 'the Silly Schew' i…
MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
edited August 2013 in Minelord & Monsters Posts: 203
The year is 412 after the departure of the Great Eagle.

You find yourself in 'the Silly Schew' in the Guild Quarters of Brookton, a rather large town build around the rookbridge, a large stone bridge build over the Avonbeg.

It is a large, yet cozy, upper-class inn, made of spruce wood. Trophies and carpets decorate the walls. Large barrels of beer and wine can be seen behind the bar. There aren't a lot of customers at this hour yet, but more are coming in. The fire has just been lit. A bard is singing "the dragon and the parrot" in the corner. There's a noticeboard next to the door. The patron is washing mugs. There's a smell of roast coming from the kitchen.

Declare your actions.
Edited
by Glunnator
Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
«13456714

Comments

  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 414
    Bestaba looks around. He takes his private notes about this high quality tavern, and asks the cook about the payment and meal, as well as about the other places upstreet.
    Edited
    by Mish
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 203
    There's a board with pricing for this inn, to which the patron points:

    One night: 1gp
    Roast: 2sp
    Soup: 3cp
    Mug o' ale: 3cp
    Wine: 8cp

    Inn patron, rather big hairy guy, looks up from washing mugs.

    "Outside the inn? are you blind boy? There's the square with the statue of ser Kerl, other than that, let's see... the Guild of Mages. But that's a freaky lot, don't go there, boy. Of course, the Harbour, probably don't have work for your types. Mapmaker another freak, really, thinks himself a fairree or something like that. The Engineer's, smart fellow, can tell you a real load about dwarves, 's the mapmaker's brother he is. You gonna order something or what?"
    Edited
    by Mesmeratio
    Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 414
    "Thank you very much. I will like having some water and have the meal soon enough. here is a gp for tonight"
    (don't forget the indian accent)
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 203
    The patron eyes the gnome suspiciously and accept the gold coin with his huge hands. He sniffs at it and gives the coin a bite. The patron's face lightens up as he decides the gold is real. He hands the gnome a key and a mug of water.

    "Second door on the left laddy, make yourself at home, don't forget to bring some silver for your roast."
    Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 414
    "Sure thing. Great thank you for the hospitality".
    And so Bestaba goes upstairs towards his room with the mug of water. He enters the room and mumbles "Seems i am Lucky". He unpacks his bag and sits for a few minutes.
    Edited
    by Mish
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
    Posts: 203
    The second room on the left is a good quality room. It has a large carpet on the floor. A few planks and a deer trophy dot the walls. There's a large canopy bed with large pillows and all sort of blankets on top of it. There's a desk and a chair standing before a window with a view on Rookbridge. The room even has a small tub, though large for a gnome.
    Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Posts: 1,110
    Due to his unfortunate size, Nachr stands outside as usual, in the shadow of the trees opposite the Inn. He eyes the warmth of the stables while being on the lookout for unexpected movements. His bow and quiver rests on the boughs of a large oak, ready to be strung when in need.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
    Posts: 203
    A lot of people pass the trees next to the statue, and even in shadow, a centaur stands out. Not many people have ever seen a centaur, let alone a docile one. At the entrance of the Guild of Mages stand two templars, and even though their helmets hide their faces, you can see them watching your every move.
    Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 1,110
    Nachr eyes the warm stables again and decides to walk towards it. The cold had gotten the better of him.

    Glunedit: Bad windy! You can only control your own actions and intentions. We liked what you wrote, though, so we stole it.
    Sincerely,
    ~Management
    [DungeonMesmer+Glun]


    Sorry! I didn't mean to break rules..
    You guys are gonna have to do this quite often hehe
    [Windlord]
    Edited
    by Windy
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 203
    Children start jumping around his hooves chanting: "It's a talking horse! Giddy-hee!". To make matters worse, an old lady stops by and kindly looks into Nachr's face, "do you want a carrot from my carriage dearie?".

    [NPC actions are officially made by the DM, but I liked your input ;)]
    Edited
    by Mesmeratio
    Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Posts: 414
    Bestaba sits on his bed for a minute and a half and then takes his magic book and reads the section he needs. With a quit word and a move with his hand he summons the power of magic to generate a small invisible force-field shaped as a cup. He focuses hard and tries using it to take water up from the mag and towards his leaps, slow and steady.
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Posts: 1,110
    Nachr looks deeply into the old lady's eyes while his tail swishes at the children as if to chastise them for their teases.

    After what seems like a few minutes, Nachr speaks:
    "Kind lady, do you have a roof under which I can warm myself?"
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
    Posts: 203
    Bestaba succeeds in cupping some water in a mage hand (cantrip level 0).

    -

    The old lady, delightfully surprised by such a gentle request from a centaur, and noticing the slight annoyance at the children, turns her attention to the children: "Shoo you brats! Leave this gentleman alone!"

    "Look out guys! It's crazy old Ravaella!" a girl screams, to which the other kids feint a gasp and run away screaming and giggling.

    "Oh don't mind them dearie, they do nasty stuff all the time, last week one of them toppled over my cart.. you might be a little big for my small house, but I'm sure if we ask the patron of the inn nicely he'll have something for you.."
    Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Posts: 1,110
    Nachr pauses for a while, his complexion tense. As the childrens' voices fade away into the distance, he stirs as if woken from a dream. The centaur shuffles around to face Ravaella full on, then bows slightly saying:

    "You are most kind, wise lady. I will enquire as suggested."
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    Posts: 158
    Torlin who sits on a table in the tavern shouts in a dwarvish fashion:"By Merdins beard! Ye' bring me some ale a'right?!". To givbe his request more weight he smashes his fist on this table.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
    Posts: 203
    "Oh don't be silly my dearie, let me help you!" she remarks as she walks towards the inn, leaving her cart where it stands.

    -

    The patron, a large, hairy human doesn't understand dwarven accent all that well, but knows enough about dwarves to know what they want when shouting. He taps an ale from a large keg, walks over to Torlin, puts down the mug in front of him, smashes his fist on the table and says: "By my beard, you better have some copper to pay, laddy!".
    Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    FlavorFlavor Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 34
    Argnar opens the door to the tavern and walks inside. He approaches the counter and places his empty bottle on top of it. He reaches for a pouch, takes out 2gp and places them in such a way that the patron can easily see them.

    "Excuse me, good sir, but I'd like to request a couple of things. First, I'd like a room and a mug of ale. I'd also like to have this bottle here filled with water and, if you're willing to discuss, some information that I seek. Please, do keep the change, it's the very least I could do."
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Posts: 1,110
    Nachr stands upright, slightly confused. After staring at Ravaella hobble towards the Inn for a while, he starts shifting his glance between the Inn and Ravaella's cart.

    Unconsciously, Nachr starts kicking up dust as his hooves shift about on the ground.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    Posts: 158
    Torlin looks into the patrons eyes an says with his rather loud voice:"Ever seen a dwarf without coin? Or without ALE?", as he puts 5copper coins on the table "Here ya go." said Torlin and then began to devote himself to his ale.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MesmeratioMesmeratio Lord
    edited March 2013 Posts: 203
    The patron opened his mouth to respond to this loudmouth dwarf, but is distracted by this sudden request coming from the counter. The patron looks behind him and says "just a moment", picks up the 3 of the 5 coppers, eyes Torlin for a second, and walks towards his bar.

    He eyes the two gold coins, and picks up the empty bottle "A room is only one gold lad, and I'd hate to overcharge ye for an ale, but if you insist." He proceeds to fill the bottle with water and fill a mug with ale, and sets them down on the counter. "Now tell me, what did you want to know?"

    -

    Ravaella stops at the door of the inn, and turns her head. "Come on now, don't be shy dearie, Ravaella will make sure you'll get a nice warm place here."
    Hail @Windy for the FTB server. If disagree, ice titans.
Sign In or Register to comment.