Minelord

Epic Project: Desert City

Hello everyone, I want to share the concept for probably the biggest project on the server here,…
PsiPsi Lord
edited November 2012 in Minecraft Server Posts: 158
Hello everyone,

I want to share the concept for probably the biggest project on the server here, so that you can look here to know where to build what :D
Also, you can obviously ask questions here etc.

http://imgur.com/HEvwu
As you can see in the picture the city is divided in different districts and circles.
  • Farming area:
    The farming area should have big fields of crops etc. and housings for the farmers, their families and workers. Further away from the dam there should be animal farms with sheep and cows (pig meat would get bad very quickly in a desert without a fridge ;D ).
  • Harbour area:
    Here we can have a bigger dock for trading ships and maybe smaler ones for fishing boats, warehouses, some housings and perhaps a lighttower.
  • Housing area:
    Here are many housings. The further you go to the outer wall the poorer the housings get. The area should have one or two marketplaces, stuff for the daily needs, maybe a small oasis at which people get water, and the buildings should be close to each other and the steets should nearly be a labyrinth.
  • Military area:
    Military stuff there, I didn't think that area though for the moment ;)
  • Merchant area:
    Nice buildings for the rich merchants, and an airship dock.
  • Religion area:
    Has temples, and graves (the graveyard could actually be a pyramid). and maybe some statues or monuments.
  • Science area:
    Tall towers, amybe one with an observatory on top, (a) libaries (libary), and other stuff that might fit.
  • Noble area:
    Tall buildings with fancy stuff, etc.
  • Palast:
    Big epic building. Should be the second tallest building of all (with the observatory being the tallest).
In general the buildings should be build in a way that you can do parkour though the town, so for example you could add ladders at the edge of an roof, so you can grab on it.

Current warp: /warp deserttown

If you have suggestions, complaints, ideas or questions, just ask them :D
Edited
by Psi

Comments

• Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Me Like!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    Hmm, should I make this an announcement? :p
    So the whooooooole community can see and work on it :D
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Why not? :)
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    edited November 2012 Posts: 414
    So now i know where to move my stuff when they are done!
    The ones that fit anyway.
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    Objection! Palace should be grand and large, yes, but the scientific observatory should definitely overlook it! Otherwise you get incomplete astronomy D:
  • Vote Up1
    Voters
    Glunnator
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    Fair point, I'll change that momentarily!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DavidSlainDavidSlain Lord
    Actually, normally observatories, in particular, are kept outside the city limits, on a hill of some kind. That would eliminate the need to keep the palace lower.

Just saying...
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    Yeah, observatories are normally nowhere near cities because of light pollution but in this case I don't know if we'll be building outside the city and the city will mostly be dark at night because it is set before the use of electricity (when light pollution became a big problem).
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    Also it's in a mostly flat city, where there are no really high points...
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    i think it would be cool to make a zombie research facility in the military or scientific area.
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    Excellent idea!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    moomoohkmoomoohk Lord
    Son
    I am surprise

That's actually a good idea lol. More of those please.
    o boi i luv segnatshures

[03:35am] Minelord: [g] Sir Mish: what are biggie smalls
    -
    [00:55:56] <Mish> she ain't hot
    [00:56:02] <Mish> just cleevage
    -
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Mmmm... brains...
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DavidSlainDavidSlain Lord
    Anyways- Just an idea here. I've figured a way to make a lot of building 'blanks' very quickly- and with some additional setup/decoration they're parkour friendly. They're also an open maze. If I can get the community at large to agree to it, we could import an entire city section at once, and then go to town (pun intended, I regret nothing) decorating it. Right now, the size is actually around 200x200 blocks, and when finished will be at the tallest, around 20 blocks high.
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    question to everybody- how technologically advenced do u wish the city to be?
    Ranging from stone-age to science fiction please vote.
    I would like the city to be early in the industrial era- so that weapons are ok but
    doors should be non-automatic even if piston-made.
    I also think magic should be an integral part of the cities everyday, so that anyone could build complex stuff without going out of the cities story-lines.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    I second the early industrial era, but I don't particularly like the idea of magic being a part of this city.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    Note- magic is already a part of minecraft!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    Hardly, the most magical thing in Minecraft is enchanting.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    and potions and floating dirt and witchs and undeads and teleporting endermans.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    Potions are alchemical, undead and endermen are mythological, floating dirt is just shit physics. :P