Minelord

Planning: Who We're Up Against.

[Context: Planetside 2] I don't know about you guys, but so far I'll be wanting to start with the …
GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
edited June 2012 in Planetside 2 Posts: 461
[Context: Planetside 2]
I don't know about you guys, but so far I'll be wanting to start with the Vanu Sovereignty
Discuss.

Comments

• Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    XGamerXGamer Player
    Can you tell me what this mean?
  • Vote Up1
    Voters
    Glunnator
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    XGamer: Planetside 2 is an upcoming MMOFPS that some of us are planning on playing. For us to be able to play together, we need to be on the same faction, hence this thread.

I, for one, will join Glun in voting for the Vanu Sovereignty.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    XGamerXGamer Player
    I'll join then and vote

Thank you for the information Daemon
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    blueblue Player
    I've been wondering when this game will actually be released and where to get it. Can somebody tell me please?
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    We have no idea. The beta hasn't even begun yet. Google around a bit, see what you find.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    XGamerXGamer Player
    Still didn't get the beta code...it toke over 3 months...
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    Wikipedia said:
    Developers state that the game is still in its raw alpha state, however, the early registration for pre-beta testing is already open on the official website.[14] Though the actual beta date is still unknown, Matthew Higby, the creative director, states that the beta stage will be happening in the next few weeks.[15]

As of May 20 Planetside 2's beta test still had a date as being "in the near future." [16] On June 26, those who signed up for the beta received an email which says "We are gearing up for the next phases of testing for PlanetSide 2, which kicks off with a Technical Test. Please click the link below to tell us more about your computer specifications".
    Of course you didn't get a beta code. No one has yet. The game still isn't in beta yet, as I have stated earlier.
    It will happen.
    I just wish I knew when.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    XGamerXGamer Player
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13
    So did you watch the new trailer? it's amazing, good start from Planetside team.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    Psi had found a neat video of Nerdcubed giving the Planetside 2 beta a try, which was enjoyable.

I still haven't gotten that invite though, and I suppose I won't get it until far closer to the release, considering I'm not in any of their databanks of having playing Planetside 1. Those people all get priority.
    Anyone else?
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    I've been playing PS2 for some days now. I started as Vanu, though I have a problem with hte colours and don't know if a person is friendly or from the NC, so I switched to TR for the moment. will report more later, have to leave for the weekend. If you have questions, just go ahead and ask and I will answer them. :D
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    Question one:

Is It Fun?
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    Yes, yes it is very fun. Though very hard at the beginning :p

I'm back to Vanu by the way. Can't play realy good currently though because they added some fancy lags to the game with the last patch(FPS-lags).
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    Woot! A friend of mine had an extra code 'cos he gave in to the evil 'Alpha squad' ads. This means that I now have access.
    The whole is looking very fancy so far, and runs quite smoothly, all things considered.

I had a lovely lag-kill where someone was peeking around the corner and seemed to be lagging behind it and running away from it at the same time... I just shot at his peeking-around-the-corner bunshin and he died. My favourite moment so far, that.
    Can't wait till we can all have a TS3-fueled party on there.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    They will very soon do a character wipe and rename the server. Once I finished that website, I'll upgrade my PC and play more activly again. I too got myself the Alpha Squad thingy, even though I already had a beta account. Gave the key to my brother :D.
    And yeah, there are really epic moments, like when there are 5 enemy Galaxies are flying towards you (with air support by Mosquitos; Damn TR...) and you know you're just fucked...
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    Indeed! I love how this game really deserves the adjective 'epic' due to its epic proportions.
    I mean damn, that map is huge.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    PsiPsi Lord
    A second continent will be coming soon too afaik.