Minelord

The Skin Project

Knucis and I have started making some skins for the roleplay in the next world. Each nation will ha…
DaemonDaemon Lord
edited June 2012 in Minecraft Server Posts: 251
Knucis and I have started making some skins for the roleplay in the next world. Each nation will have it's own set of skins for each rank. Each player will get a skin based on their rank and can then customise the head, so each player's skin will be unique.

If you have any ideas, suggestions or feedback, feel free to post them below.
Me, Knucis and anyone else who joins in with this project will post updates here when new skins are released.

We are using a programme called SkinCraft to help us make the skins the way we want them. You can find it here.

To view a skin in SkinCraft, download the .png file, open SkinCraft, select 'Import Skin' and select the .png file.
To edit a skin in SkinCraft, download the .txt file, open SkinCraft, select 'Load data' and select the .txt file

Here are the Windgardian skins I have made so far:
http://www.mediafire.com/?b5lo33zb3hhng9x

They include the .txt and .png files for:
Windgard citizen
Barbarian
Barbarian female

Thank you and I hope you enjoy our efforts :)
Edited
by Windy

Comments

• Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    KnucisKnucis Lord
    edited June 2012 Posts: 207
    Thanks Daemon :)

Yeah we've been making some skins for our nations. Hamsfel contains a vast number of skins for you to choose OR edit :), so they are unique.

What I am planning to do (all of them with their respective variations):
    - Citizens
    - Custom Citizen Job skins (such as Blacksmith, Farmer, Miner, etc)
    - Soldiers
    - Hunters
    - Gladiators
    - King
    - Commander
    - Sargeant

Skins I've done so far
    imageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Gallery

Download them here: Clicky
    (includes all the skins above + faceless skins of each type for you to edit if you want)

I'll be making some more, but first remember to shout out ideas and feeback :)
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    The skins are looking quite neat and fancy, though are you sure you're not going slightly overboard with this? We don't really have the people for such diversity
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    Each 'level' of skin represents a rank. So take Knucis' example, players might start as citizens, then can join the military and become soldiers. Then they would be promoted through the ranks the more active they were in the army. So each of the skins could be used by one person. This means a player will need to change skins as they progress, but their head will remain constant so the skin will still be recognisable as them.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    GlunnatorGlunnator Lord
    A beautifully novel idea, which I very much like, but it sounds an excessive amount of work for such a small community.
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    WindyWindy Lord
    Brilliant skins, brilliant ideas! I love them all.

I especially like the fact that I can 'evolve' over time!

Keep up the great work, @Daemon and @Knucis!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    Pokemon! Gotta catch a Windlord!
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    DavidSlainDavidSlain Lord
    Revive this idea for the new world?
    mcDesc
  • Vote Up0
    Voters
    Vote Down
    MishMish Lord
    edited February 2013 Posts: 414
    ~~~ (made this comment to support the continuation of the discussion, nothing to say really....)
    Edited
    by Mish
    ~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~~~~B~~~~BRAINZZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~M~~~~~~Must~~~~~~~Eat~~~~
  • Vote Up1
    Voters
    Windy
    Vote Down
    DaemonDaemon Lord
    I'd be up for it but I think the dress code of the nations will need to be finalised first.

I believe the nation themes are:
    Water - Cyberpunk
    Air - Steampunk
    Fire - Ancient Greek/Roman
    Earth - Fantasy/Dwarven